From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SHA256 and indention in metadata.xml
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 18:47:32
1 On 27 June 2011 03:20, Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >> I personally prefer tabs, but I also like using EAPI="<version>",
3 >> sorting everything alphabetically and even use the following depend blocks:
4 >
5 >> *DEPEND="
6 >>       !<X-2.0
7 >>       !Y
8 >>       <A>
9 >>       <B>
10 >>       ...
11 >>       <Z>
12 >>       a? ( <X> )
13 >>       b? ( <Y> )
14 >>       c? (
15 >>               <J>
16 >>               <K>
17 >>       )
18 >> "
19 >
20 > ^^ is actually the main point of my "ebuild formatting nazi" agenda (usually
21 > followed by "oh why did you break formatting in my shiny ebuild!11, revert!"
22 > chants by various developers in case I happened to touch packages of theirs).
23 >
24 > I never understood the reason after keeping deps not sorted alphabetically
25 > where order doesn't matter - it's like someone purposely made ebuild harder to
26 > read - it's counter productive.
29 In the case where upstream also have a rather well structured
30 dependency list that is prone to change ( ie: perl modules ) I've
31 found it beneficial to keep the dependencies in the same order as they
32 use upstream.
33
34 Makes it much easier to check later and makes it much easier to notice
35 when they add a dependency
38 Kent
39
40 perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,