From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: Gentoo Devt <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2005.1 profile gives devfs as virtual
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:31:19
1 On Sunday 04 September 2005 15:11, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > Having gone over to Udev, I went to unmerge Devfs & got a big red warning.
3 > It appears that the 2005.1 profile gives Devfs as a virtual:
4 > is this an oversight or is there a reason behind it ?
5 > I would have assumed that Udev would now be the required device manager.
6
7 You installed using an earlier profile, obviously, when devfs was the default
8 for virtual/dev-manager (otherwise you wouldn't have it installed).
9 Because the profile depends on a virtual any attempt to remove a package
10 providing that virtual will throw up the warning.
11 Exactly the same symptom you're seeing with editors on -user.
14 Mike Williams
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list