From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GPL-2 vs GPL-2+
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:47:40
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > Comments, ideas, proposals?
3
4 currently we have all those under GPL-2. Now when GPL-3 becomes available
5 people have the option to use GPL-3. However that will still allow people
6 to use GPL-2 if their patents, etc need it. SO it is not much difference.
7
8 The big difference that actually matters is when applications start to get
9 distributed only for the GPL-3 and actually then I would also like to see
10 the LICENSE change to GPL-3.
11
12 I see little benifit in having GPL-2+ but a lot of potential confusion and a
13 lot of work for developers to check all pkges.
14
15 - Stefan
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list