From: duchier@×××××××××.de
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: CVS and non-devs (again!)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:37:59
1 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> writes:
2
3 > I think that indeed subversion is superior to CVS, especially on the part
4 > where you want to look at changesets and merging. Maybe we could test
5 > subversion, but we might want to wait until the 1.0 version is released
6 > for actual use (is going to be rather soon now)
7
8 not to start a debate on their respective merits, but you might want
9 to consider arch instead. subversion is cvs, only more so. arch is
10 truly for distributed development, and has wonderful support for
11 merging (cf. star-merge).
12
13 Cheers,
16 Denys Duchier - Équipe Calligramme - LORIA, Nancy, France
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list