From: Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Netscape Packages
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:10:02
1 On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:42:21 -0700
2 Jim Nutt <jim@×××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:34:28 -0700
5 > antitux@××××××××.com (John Dee) wrote:
6 >
7 > > okay, so what question did that answer?
8 > > mozilla != netscape
9 >
10 > Only that most people don't install netscape at all. Mozilla is the
11 > default, not netscape. I know that I haven't installed netscape on a
12 > system in at least six months as mozilla has been more than adequate
13 > to replace it.
14
15 huh - am i awaking from a dream?
16 i thought this is what portage is all about - there is no default.
17
18 gees, all users even have to decide what system logger they'll use -
19 i'm pretty confident they can figure out this one too
20
21 now, _my_ default browser would be konqueror...
22
23 i have nothing against a ns6 ebuild (why would i) - but talking
24 about "default" in this contenxt seems superflous...
25
26 please correct me if i am mistaken
29 > jim
30