From: "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Request for feedback on GNU Patch change
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 06:45:00
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com> posted
3 > 48D0177B.2010002@×××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Tue, 16 Sep 2008
4 > 22:30:51 +0200:
7 >> 1) Add a symlink in GNU patch ebuild to symlink patch to gpatch
10 > You mean the other way, right? gpatch -> patch , since we already have
11 > patch, and need gpatch if the below is to work.
12 >
13 > Or did you mean change the sys-devel/patch ebuild so the executable is
14 > named gpatch instead of patch, then create a symlink patch -> gpatch as
15 > suggested above.
18 >> 2) Change references to patch in eclass/eutils.eclass to gpatch
21 > This makes sense to me.
24 Here's another idea and I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner..
25 Instead of any system change to the patch ebuild.. Inside the
26 eutils.eclass do a quick check for gpatch and if it exists use that vs
27 patch. I'm trying to think of any circumstances where this would fail..