From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: www-servers/boa
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 17:20:51
1 Michał Górny wrote:
2 > > Shouldn't this process work a lot better?
3 >
4 > Processes tend to work better when people are contributing towards
5 > making the processes work better rather than complaining from their
6 > comfy armchairs that they tend to confuse with thrones.
7
8 LOL!
9
10 Are you honestly arguing that the Gentoo lastriting process relies on
11 third party contributions to work or improve? That would amount to
12 declaring Gentoo (developers) incapable of self-improvement, something
13 that would be absolutely unacceptable to say about any one or any group
14 of people.
15
16 If you feel that Gentoo is unsustainable like that then please think
17 about how you should react to it.
20 Instead of writing a passive aggressive response to my demonstration
21 of this process failure I wish that you would have drawn on your
22 knowledge of the process and the learnings in my mail to 1. educate
23 us on what gaps you see, if any, that caused this particular error,
24 and maybe even 2. suggest some improvements.
25
26 Expecting and/or demanding that from me because I dared describe a
27 symptom and question the process is neither reasonable nor fair nor
28 useful. Shooting the messenger reveals that you can't deal with the
29 message, but that's a you problem, it's not okay to project that onto
30 the messenger or anyone else.
33 If you wanted to encourage me to become a Gentoo developer and (among
34 other things) improve the lastriting process then you missed the mark,
35 in fact your behavior consistently remains one strong reason for me
36 to *not* become a Gentoo developer.
39 Kind regards
40
41 //Peter