From: Gregg <gregg@××.am>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Web Hosting solutions?
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:47:29
1 I am looking to run a small web hosting box. This is more for me to learn
2 the tricks of the trade than anything else. I know the basic sets of
3 tools I need and that they are already in portage. What other tools in
4 portage besides these are there. I could spend hours searching the web,
5 finding something, seeing if their is an ebuild already, ect... But I
6 figured I could get away with just asking here, I think it is a relavent
7 question to see where gentoo is on this matter.
8
9 Apache, php, ssl, perl, mysql, mysqltool/phpmyadmin, and pick your mail
10 server. They are already all in there. Now what about a client
11 management/billing system (web based), some form of control panel for the
12 customer to log into and edit things. What packages exist that fill these
13 needs (and any needs I might be missing) already in gentoo's package tree?
14
15 Gregg