From: Georg Rudoy <0xd34df00d@×××××.com>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Depending on clang as a compiler
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 08:56:57
1 2014-02-26 12:52 GMT+04:00 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>:
2 > Dnia 2014-02-26, o godz. 12:26:06
3 > Georg Rudoy <0xd34df00d@×××××.com> napisał(a):
4 >
5 >> I'm currently considering using C++14 in my project, particularly
6 >> features that aren't supported by gcc 4.8 and are barely supported by
7 >> 4.9 [1], but the standard is already fully supported by clang 3.4 [2].
8 >> Thus I wonder how bad is actually depending on recent clang in
9 >> ebuilds?
10 >
11 > Well, you should note that DEPENDing on sys-devel/clang is currently
12 > implemented as USE=clang in sys-devel/llvm (please don't depend on that
13 > directly, we will split it back ASAP). So if someone doesn't have clang
14 > enabled, he'd hit portage telling him to enable the flag.
15
16 And what about setting CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER in src_configure() (or where
17 it should be overriden)? I don't think it's a good idea to forcefully
18 set the compiler binary in CMakeLists.txt itself, is it better done in
19 ebuild?
22 Georg Rudoy