From: foser <foser@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla Reports in Gentoo Weekly News
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:46:09
1 AJ Armstrong wrote:
2 > (2) One thing that I have been doing is including links and brief
3 > descriptions to a few (effectively randomly chosen) bugs in the database. I
4 > am considering changing that to (effectively randomly) choosing 5 or so
5 > developers each week and asking them to pick a bug (along with a sentence or
6 > so of Why this bug...). Cycle time would be such that each developer might
7 > be asked to pick a bug once every few months. Anyone think that is a
8 > good/bad/insane idea?
9
10 It's not bad, but mentioning a bug is a sort of help request imo. Not
11 all developer encounter as much 'important' bugs i think (dont hurt me
12 ;)) and the randomness here might yield a lot of not-so-important bugs.
13 I think it would be at least a good idea to ask the grouped developers
14 regularly for their important bugs, if a group doesn't have the
15 time/knowledge to fix something let's ask our users to come up with a
16 solution (with groups i mean KDE/GNOME/architectures/etc. ).
17
18 > (3) I am thinking of changing the "Who has the most bugs open?" section to
19 > "Who closed the most bugs this week?". Comments?
20
21 I don't know, i see the top bug gatherers as the ones who could use a
22 little help and this is a way to get the attention of the community.
23 Altough i think there should be some selection there as well, like
24 carpaskis bugs probably consist of quite a few feature requests which
25 can hardly be considered bugs in a way. And closing bugs is quite
26 random, 10 easy bugs may cost as much time to fix as 1 complicated bug.
27
28 > Appreciate your time,
29
30 appreciate yours ;)