From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] euscan GSoC project - requesting feedback
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:40:48
1 On 10 July 2012 13:28, Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:04:15 +0200
3 > Agostino Sarubbo <ago@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I proposed to have an 'integration' between euscan and pybugz.
6 >
7 > Sounds superficially like a giant security hole / spam gateway. What
8 > kind of integration are we talking about?
9 >
10 >> In this manner everyone can file a version bump request via euscan.
11 >> What do you think about?
12 >
13 > If the false positives go down significantly, we wouldn't need
14 > interested users to "report" version bumps - you could automate that
15 > all the way, and publish links to the bugs already reported.
16 >
17 > But couldn't we more simply and securely implement publishing a
18 > hyperlink from euscan's pages to the bugs.g.o form that fills out some
19 > of the required information in advance? That way it's everybody's
20 > personal bugzilla accounts that are responsible for the spam, and we
21 > might more easily find duplicates.
22 >
23 > Speaking of duplicates, the way subsequent version bump requests for
24 > subsequent versions (in different SLOTs, mind you) are usually treated
25 > now is that the later bugs are marked as duplicates of the former and
26 > that the former bug's Summary is updated to show the currently best
27 > version(s). If we're going to stick to that, we *definitely* need a way
28 > to catch out duplicates.
31 This is verging on that oft requested thing that Gentoo could do with,
32 a sort of task queue for regular and repeated tasks that can be
33 described in one line and aren't worthy of a full bug.
34
35 ie: Version Bumps, stabilisation requests, generic repeated
36 transformations ( ie: make the metadata better, etc )
37
38 Things that if they really needed a full blown bug could be
39 cross-linked with bugzilla, but wouldn't need be the default option.
40
41 Though, thats really an entirely different discussion, I'm just
42 teasing the subject so ideas brew and the discussion eventually turns
43 up.
46 Kent
47
48 perl -e "print substr( \"edrgmaM SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,