From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] euscan GSoC project - requesting feedback
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:29:18
1 On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:04:15 +0200
2 Agostino Sarubbo <ago@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I proposed to have an 'integration' between euscan and pybugz.
5
6 Sounds superficially like a giant security hole / spam gateway. What
7 kind of integration are we talking about?
8
9 > In this manner everyone can file a version bump request via euscan.
10 > What do you think about?
11
12 If the false positives go down significantly, we wouldn't need
13 interested users to "report" version bumps - you could automate that
14 all the way, and publish links to the bugs already reported.
15
16 But couldn't we more simply and securely implement publishing a
17 hyperlink from euscan's pages to the bugs.g.o form that fills out some
18 of the required information in advance? That way it's everybody's
19 personal bugzilla accounts that are responsible for the spam, and we
20 might more easily find duplicates.
21
22 Speaking of duplicates, the way subsequent version bump requests for
23 subsequent versions (in different SLOTs, mind you) are usually treated
24 now is that the later bugs are marked as duplicates of the former and
25 that the former bug's Summary is updated to show the currently best
26 version(s). If we're going to stick to that, we *definitely* need a way
27 to catch out duplicates.
30 jer