From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Identifying inherit-only / usable profiles
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 18:10:50
1 On Friday 03 December 2004 6:00 pm, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:48:51 +0000 Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org> wrote:
3 > | A better comparison would be like defining them as "completed" instead
4 > | of "incomplete".
5 > | If a valid-marker is used, it can (and probably should) be inherited.
6 >
7 > No no no. A profile might be valid have some subprofiles which are not
8 > themselves directly valid. Random example, we might have something
9 > vaguely like (example only, not suggested as anything like an actual
10 > possible implementation):
11 >
12 > <snip>
13 >
14 > Ok, that's a pretty bad example. In fact it's a terrible example, but I
15 > can't think of a better one off the top of my head. Chances are sooner
16 > or later it'll end up happening though...
17
18 Which is why it might be better to have profiles be either valid-marked or
19 invalid-marked and default to inheriting.
20 --
21 Luke-Jr
22 Developer, Utopios
23 http://utopios.org/