From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Identifying inherit-only / usable profiles
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 18:00:24
1 On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:48:51 +0000 Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org> wrote:
2 | A better comparison would be like defining them as "completed" instead
3 | of "incomplete".
4 | If a valid-marker is used, it can (and probably should) be inherited.
5
6 No no no. A profile might be valid have some subprofiles which are not
7 themselves directly valid. Random example, we might have something
8 vaguely like (example only, not suggested as anything like an actual
9 possible implementation):
10
11 default-linux/mips/2005.0/ valid
12 default-linux/mips/2005.0/multilib not valid
13 default-linux/mips/2005.0/multilib/n32-o32/ valid
14 default-linux/mips/2005.0/multilib/n64-n32-o32/ valid
15
16 Ok, that's a pretty bad example. In fact it's a terrible example, but I
17 can't think of a better one off the top of my head. Chances are sooner
18 or later it'll end up happening though...
21 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
22 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm