From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: media-video/gephex
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 07:40:58
1 On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 06:17:04 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Peter Alfredsen <loki_val@g.o> posted
5 > 20090215212907.00a735b9@g.o, excerpted below, on Sun, 15 Feb
6 > 2009 21:29:07 +0100:
7 >
8 > > +# Peter Alfredsen <loki_val@g.o> (15 Feb 2009)
9 > > +# Masking for removal in 30 days.
10 > > +# Fails to build with gcc-4.3, bug 250712
11 > > +media-video/gephex
12 > > +
13 >
14 > Shouldn't there be a bit more to it than that, something about it
15 > being maintainer-needed, or maintainer unwilling to work on it
16 > further, or upstream dead, or some combination of the above? Just
17 > because it doesn't compile with the latest GCC isn't normally
18 > considered reason in itself to remove a package.
19 >
20 > Also note that there's a "new" (April, 2007) version 0.4.4, on the
21 > site, that may work better with newer gcc than the 2005 version 0.4.3
22 > that's the latest in our tree. So maybe it well could be
23 > maintainer-needed, but that should be in the masking for removal
24 > reason, if so, and ideally, listed in the last rites announcement
25 > here, in case anyone's interested in taking a look at it.
26 >
27 > That said, I don't have any particular interest in it, so I don't
28 > have a problem with it disappearing. I just found the ONLY reason
29 > given an uncommon enough reason for removal on its own that it
30 > warranted comment, is all.
31
32 read the bug.
36 gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
37 treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
38 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662