From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion for User Feedback
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:50:29
1 On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 07:40:19PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
2
3 > This way, we'll know what ebuilds are *known* to work properly - at least
4 > under some h/w configurations - and most importantly, in what combinations
5 > and revisions. And it will give the users a painless way to help us.
6 >
7 > Finally, we'll also know what packages are most often used, in what
8 > combinations, and thus (as far as we work for our users) what areas to
9 > concentrate upon.
10 >
11 > What do you think?
12
13 Interesting idea. Something to think about for a future version of Portage.
14
15 Best Regards,
18 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
19 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org