From: Theo Anderson <telans@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Continuous integration on GURU
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:22:19
1 On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 11:59:21 +0200
2 Agostino Sarubbo <ago@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I would like to let you know that the CI is now able to work with
7 > overlays.
8 >
9 > Since Guru is pretty active I took advantage of this situation to
10 > implement and test the CI
11
12 Thank you for implementing this, it certainly helps raise the standard
13 of guru packages.
16 > Atm it has been configured to work with master branch.
17 > I don't know how much is useful scan the dev branch since a first
18 > revision has not yet been done. If you have opinions about, please
19 > let me know.
20
21 I'm not sure this would be very beneficial. It's often that feedback is
22 left on packages in dev to get them in a presentable or
23 issue free state before being pushed to master. Running
24 the tinderbox against dev might just make a few too many bugs,
25 perhaps picking up some which are already in the process of being
26 fixed. The dev branch doesn't lag too far behind master these days
27 anyhow.
30 > More info at:
31 > https://blogs.gentoo.org/ago/2020/07/04/gentoo-tinderbox/
32 >
33 > The bugs will have an internal_ref as guru_ci.
34 >
35 > Agostino
38 On the subject of many bugs, there are now almost 150 open bugs
39 assigned to guru@g.o. With this has come quite an email avalanche
40 for which I think people must have set up mail filters by now. I
41 imagine this means that bugs will no longer get the same
42 amount of attention as they used to. To increase the visibility do you
43 think it would be a good idea to CC or assign the bugs to the specific
44 package maintainers rather than guru@g.o?
45
46 Cheers
47 Theo