From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: new-style virtual/editor
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:40:35
1 Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>:
2 > about 26 ebuilds have a PROVIDE=virtual/editor. Those could be
3 > transformed to a new-style virtual, which is really simple. According
4 > to zmedico and genone the impact of just commiting the virtual would
5 > be low. But I'd like to hear some comments on it. If noone objects I
6 > will commit it next week (Monday probably) and remove all PROVIDE
7 > lines. Eventually I will check profiles, too, and file bugs when
8 > unsure what the intended behaviour? Or anyone objections about me
9 > touching his profiles.
10
11 New-style virtual in the tree with nearly 30 packages in
12 RDEPEND...:)...we added some that were not providing it until now.
13 Profiles fixed (except selinux/2005.1/mips) and ebuilds cleaned-up.
14 Thanks to ulm for the help. So if you have a text-mode editor not in
15 there, just add it to the virtual or file a bug. I put emacs, xemacs,
16 vim teams and base-system into metadata.xml as maintainers.
17
18 V-Li
21 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
22 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
23
24 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>