From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Global Systemd USE Flag
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 14:27:50
1 On 08/08/12 22:15, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:11:42 +0200
3 > "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@×××××.com> wrote:
4 [snip]
5 >
6 > Yowza! All the packages that provide systemd unit files are installing
7 > them?! But I don't even use systemd. I don't want this cruft on my
8 > system.
9 >
10 > Proposal: global USE flag for systemd, just like there's one for
11 > openrc.
12 > INSTALL_MASK=/usr/lib/systemd
13 >
14 > And live happy to the day you notice your system no longer boots.
15 >
16 That doesn't work anymore - "improvement" in udev-186:
17
18 equery f udev | grep udevd
19
20 /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-udevd
23 And as long as our maintainers refuse to use the proper paths this is
24 just one of the little things that makes life more exciting for us.
25
26 Can we please add some sanity back?