From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder: please use the latest Portage/repoman version to commit to tree
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 07:50:34
1 On 09/30/2010 09:36 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > as I've only recently "graduated to developer", I've got a question about
3 > this. Diego, your request makes perfect sense to me. But, so far I always
4 > thought "Python, portage, and gcc are the things that I really need to rely
5 > on, so whatever I do, I'll keep those stable."
6 >
7 > (My development machine(s) are also my real-life work machines.)
8
9 As I do second these concerns, another thought:
10
11 While /portage/ is vital to our distro (not only) for end users (including
12 devs doing their workwork on Gentoo systems), /repoman/ isn't.
13
14 So - would it make sense to split repoman into its own ebuild?
15
16 /haubi/
17 --
18 Michael Haubenwallner