From: "Tod M. Neidt" <tod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of eclasses
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 14:08:44
1 On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 12:41, Dan Armak wrote:
2
3 > Well, the code in the eclasses is the same exact code that wuold go into the
4 > ebuilds if the eclasses didn't exist. So you can read and understand it.
5 > If you want to actually see it execute, then a) a vrey detailed log is
6 > generated in $WORKDIR/temp and b) you can change ebuild.sh's shell to bash -x
7 > and thus get info on every line executed and every action taken. It's quite
8 > transparent and comfortable once you're used to it.
9 >
10 > BTW, you can export ECLASS_DEBUG_OUTPUT="on" before emerging and you'll get
11 > that same output to your console.
12 Hi Dan!
13
14 Ok, ok I'm going to make it a point to merge KDE this weekend ( it will
15 give me an opportunity to test alsa under kde) and take a look at the
16 documentation you've written, as well a peruse a few ebuilds that
17 utilize eclasses, so that I will gain some first hand knowledge about
18 them.
19
20 Thank you for your patience in explaining about them.
21
22 tod