From: "Patrick Börjesson" <psychotical@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:28:40
1 On 2008-06-19 04:09, George Prowse uttered these thoughts:
2 > In the end, PMS is just a way for them to spread their own agenda and force
3 > it on both the developers and the users so maybe it would be best for all
4 > if paludis and it's developers were to concentrate on making paludis for a
5 > different distro. Trollix may be a good place to start...
6
7 I'm pretty sure "they" have no leverage what so ever to force the Gentoo
8 community into ANYTHING, so kindly lay off the exaggerations. If you're
9 not happy with the way that PMS is developed, fork it. It's open source.
10 That's the way open source development works; if you're not happy with
11 something, fix it (iow, do the damn work yourself instead of complaining).
12
13 I'm not a proponent for any side here, but i'm getting mighty fucking
14 irritated of the personal attacks. I know it's impossible for some
15 people, and it's probably an unreachable ideal, but could everyone just
16 think a couple of extra seconds about the technical aspects instead of
17 just lashing out because someone indirectly calls you an idiot when you
18 mess up.
21 () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email
22 /\ and proprietary formats.