From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30 (Planet Gentoo): Round 2
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:24:53
1 On Wednesday 10 November 2004 16:50, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Thanks for the feedback from the previous thread. I've amended the GLEP
5 > based on that:
8 > - Explain how it also benefit our development community
9 > - Add some more details about planetplanet/wordpress
10
11 Some of us use our journals/weblogs/diaries for many purposes that are not
12 directly Gentoo-related. Fortunately, most sane weblog software allows
13 categorizing the posts.
14
15 From inspecting the planetplanet source, it cannot currently be configured to
16 only subscribe to posts from a given journal with a particular topic, but it
17 appears real easy to add.
18
19 In my personal opinion, we should encourage developers to only post about
20 Gentoo-related material to the Gentoo planet. I don't think the community at
21 large has much interest in Grant's recent explorations of his origami fetish
22 (purely fictitious example).
23
24 -- Karl T
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list