From: Andrej Kacian <ticho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: aging ebuilds with unstable keywords - how can we help?
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:37:02
1 On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:41:09 -0400
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > That's actually how I read the first email, was that it's really
5 > > the majority of the _minor_ packages that get completely neglected,
6 > > and just sits in the tree for months or years marked unstable
7 > > because nobody cares. The people that use it have marked it ~arch
8 > > a long time ago in their package.keywords because they know it
9 > > works just fine.
10 >
11 > Well, we would hope that people using the package would file a bug,
12 > but this obviously doesn't always happen.
13
14 It indeed doesn't - I have quite a few friends who complained to me
15 that package xxx is still in ~arch despite being in the tree for a long
16 time, and when I asked them if they filed a bug to ask for
17 stabilization, they reply that they didn't know it could be done this
18 way, or worse, that they simply do not have time for such thing (!!!).
21 Andrej
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list