From: Brian Jones <briankjones99@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] boot says I didn't compile DEVFS support
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:11:32
1 I got it to boot. Now I have a whole world of other
2 issues.
3
4 Even though everything worked when I booted from the
5 cd and mounted manually (eth0, rw to disk) I can't get
6 eth0 up,(no such device?!) and I can't write ANYTHING
7 to disk (Read only filesystem!?) WTF?
8
9 Well, guess I'll learn. I'll post a list of issues in
10 another mail ASAP.
11 /njcajun
12 --- Jano Lukac <jano@××××××××××××.net> wrote:
13 > Brent Cook said:
14 >
15 > >> Sure.. in menuconfig, go to filesystems, and
16 > build in "/dev file
17 > >> system support" It's right below /proc
18 > filesystem support and above
19 > >> /dev/pts filesystem support. DO NOT select the
20 > "Automatically mount
21 > >> at boot" options!
22 > >
23 > > I had this same problem at first. The devfs option
24 > does not appear
25 > > unless you have selected "Prompt for development
26 > and/or incomplete
27 > > code/drivers" under the Code maturity level
28 > options menu. Perhaps this
29 > > should be mentioned somewhere in the docs?
30 >
31 > I thought it was a given to set the experimental
32 > flag! :D :P :)
36 > gentoo-dev mailing list
37 > gentoo-dev@g.o