From: Jano Lukac <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] boot says I didn't compile DEVFS support
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:10:26
1 Brent Cook said:
2
3 >> Sure.. in menuconfig, go to filesystems, and build in "/dev file
4 >> system support" It's right below /proc filesystem support and above
5 >> /dev/pts filesystem support. DO NOT select the "Automatically mount
6 >> at boot" options!
7 >
8 > I had this same problem at first. The devfs option does not appear
9 > unless you have selected "Prompt for development and/or incomplete
10 > code/drivers" under the Code maturity level options menu. Perhaps this
11 > should be mentioned somewhere in the docs?
12
13 I thought it was a given to set the experimental flag! :D :P :)