From: Brent Cook <busterb@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] boot says I didn't compile DEVFS support
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:56:13
1 > <snip>
2 > > I did some reading about devfs to see if it
3 > > was used for anything the kernel I made didn't
4 > > support. It's used for UNIX PTYs, but I have that in
5 > > there. I had everything enabled and BUILT IN that I
6 > > could figure out belonged there. I also compiled the
7 > > Virtual File System stuff in there. Can anyone tell
8 > > direct me to the menu entry I missed?
9 >
10 > Sure.. in menuconfig, go to filesystems, and build in "/dev file system
11 > support" It's right below /proc filesystem support and above /dev/pts
12 > filesystem support. DO NOT select the "Automatically mount at boot"
13 > options!
14
15 I had this same problem at first. The devfs option does not appear unless
16 you have selected "Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers"
17 under the Code maturity level options menu. Perhaps this should be
18 mentioned somewhere in the docs?
19
20 - Brent