From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conveying important upgrade messages to user community
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:43:55
1 On Tuesday 16 November 2004 22:13, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:06:39 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | On Tuesday 16 November 2004 16:17, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
6 > | > GWN and gentoo-announce would be a good idea. Right now
7 > | > gentoo-announce is basically just used for GLSAs, it's not a
8 > | > general announcement kind of thing at all.
9 > |
10 > | As long as the mail send to it is filtered some way I think we should
11 > | start using gentoo-announce for these things. Similarly for an
12 > | upgrade to gcc-3.4 (if we ever will) as it will break seriously if
13 > | you're not carefull.
14 >
15 > Noooo, see, that one's an arch issue, and so it should go to the
16 > gentoo-x86 mailing list that our x86 arch team set up.
17 >
18 > Oh, wait, you mean x86 released without meeting all the officially
19 > supported rules and didn't get moved into experimental, despite what
20 > was decided at the manager's meeting? *sigh*
21
22 It's like the European Calculation Office for the (I believe) 11th year in
23 a row not signing of the budget proposed by the European comittee, and
24 the parliament still giving the Ok. The parliament could not give the OK
25 and start a lot of mayhem, but what would it serve? It's also not the
26 current comittee that can be blamed (they started two weeks ago).
27
28 Paul
31 Paul de Vrieze
32 Gentoo Developer