From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conveying important upgrade messages to user community
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:13:35
1 On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:06:39 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Tuesday 16 November 2004 16:17, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > GWN and gentoo-announce would be a good idea. Right now
5 | > gentoo-announce is basically just used for GLSAs, it's not a general
6 | > announcement kind of thing at all.
7 |
8 | As long as the mail send to it is filtered some way I think we should
9 | start using gentoo-announce for these things. Similarly for an upgrade
10 | to gcc-3.4 (if we ever will) as it will break seriously if you're not
11 | carefull.
12
13 Noooo, see, that one's an arch issue, and so it should go to the
14 gentoo-x86 mailing list that our x86 arch team set up.
15
16 Oh, wait, you mean x86 released without meeting all the officially
17 supported rules and didn't get moved into experimental, despite what was
18 decided at the manager's meeting? *sigh*
21 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
22 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm