From: David Olsen <lude@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gnome
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 00:47:23
1 Hello,
2
3 Below is a copy of the mail regarding GNOME's take on .net from Miguel himself.
4 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2002-February/msg00031.html
5
6 Simply put, Gnome does not plan to adapt .NET.
7
8 -Dave
9 ----- Original Message -----
10 From: gary sheppard
11 To: gentoo-dev@g.o
12 Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 8:38 PM
13 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gnome
16 Dear Sirs,
17
18 I currently run Win 2k on my primary system and have installed XP on my secondary to "trial". Due to Microsofts recent series of iniatives I have reviewed my computing Needs and decided that Linux Can and Will become my next OS of choice.
19 I have a concern though. Microsofts .NET was the last straw that decided me, Recently Gnome founder anounced he wanted to take GNOME to .NET. I was wondering what your "take" on this is and general Position.
20 Your distro looks to apeal to me more than most because of your Documentation and easily available help.
21
22 Thanks ahead of time.
23
24 Gary Sheppard