From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Kolab2/Gentoo project
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 17:40:30
1 On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 13:11 +0200, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
2 > The project has advanced far enough though that I feel it is a good
3 > time point to declare this a real Gentoo project.
4 >
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/kolab/index.xml
6
7 Umm... why? Why does a package need a project? Is this not just a mail
8 server?
9
10 I don't mean any offense. I just want to know. Why do we need to
11 create a project, which should normally be reserved for wide-sweeping
12 changes or things that require massive amounts of coordination? Why is
13 this not just a part of the net-mail herd? It *is* a mail system, is it
14 not?
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
19 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams