From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: CONFIG_CHECK_FATAL, making CONFIG_CHECKS fatal by default
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 18:25:37
1 On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
2 > a fatal die in pkg_pretend could be circumvented by an environment
3 > variable such as ${PN}_I_KNOW_WHAT_IM_DOING being set. Just a thought.
4
5 If we're going to do this I'd definitely have the ${PN} bit as you
6 suggested. Otherwise everybody will just set it in make.conf and the
7 feature will be pointless. Then we'll yell at users because they
8 disabled the feature that normally just tends to break half their
9 builds but this time by some miracle would have actually prevented a
10 problem.
11
12 Rich