From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: moving OpenRC to a meson-based build
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 16:55:59
1 On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 10:46:12 -0600
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 03:55:17PM +0000, James Le Cuirot wrote:
5 > > On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 09:39:34 -0600
6 > > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > I thought about autotools. I'm not really fond of its syntax, and
9 > > > I've been told that, to use autotools correctly, I would need to
10 > > > start generating manual release tarballs again because I would
11 > > > need to put the autotools generated cruft in them.
12 > >
13 > > Not all that hard, to be honest. Autotools adds a "make dist"
14 > > target and then you just upload that tarball to GitHub by adding a
15 > > new release.
16 >
17 > Is that functionality available through the github API, or do you have
18 > to go to the web site?
19
20 The API has it covered.
21
22 https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/releases/#create-a-release
23 https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/releases/#upload-a-release-asset
24
25 > Also, another concern I would have is the tarballs are not
26 > reproducible that way.
27
28 True though I see it has been discussed not all that long ago. There
29 may even be a solution somewhere but I didn't find one in a hurry.
32 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
33 Gentoo Linux Developer