From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: moving OpenRC to a meson-based build
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 16:46:46
1 On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 03:55:17PM +0000, James Le Cuirot wrote:
2 > On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 09:39:34 -0600
3 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > I thought about autotools. I'm not really fond of its syntax, and I've
6 > > been told that, to use autotools correctly, I would need to start
7 > > generating manual release tarballs again because I would need to put
8 > > the autotools generated cruft in them.
9 >
10 > Not all that hard, to be honest. Autotools adds a "make dist" target and
11 > then you just upload that tarball to GitHub by adding a new release.
12
13 Is that functionality available through the github API, or do you have
14 to go to the web site?
15
16 Also, another concern I would have is the tarballs are not reproducible
17 that way.
18
19 William