From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new-style virtual/editor
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 18:58:28
1 On 20:42 Fri 05 Oct , Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > about 26 ebuilds have a PROVIDE=virtual/editor. Those could be
3 > transformed to a new-style virtual, which is really simple. According
4 > to zmedico and genone the impact of just commiting the virtual would
5 > be low. But I'd like to hear some comments on it. If noone objects I
6 > will commit it next week (Monday probably) and remove all PROVIDE
7 > lines. Eventually I will check profiles, too, and file bugs when
8 > unsure what the intended behaviour? Or anyone objections about me
9 > touching his profiles.
10
11 How many packages depend on virtual/editor? Should it be a virtual at
12 all?
13
14 Thanks,
15 Donnie