From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-p2p/transmission: transmission-2.12.ebuild
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 02:20:59
1 On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:12:27 +0300
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 04/30/2011 11:03 AM, Petteri Räty wrote:
5 > > http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/misc-files/changelog/index.html
6
7 [..]
8
9 > It no where in the link you provided mentions ChangeLog is required
10 > for removals. Removing an unused ebuild is not the same as making
11 > changes to an ebuild.
12
13 I have to disagree:
14
15 BAD: .
16 GOOD: Purge old ebuilds
17
18 It's not really specific to the subject at hand, but it does /sort of/
19 tell you to write ChangeLog entries for removals. :)
20
21 I agree with you that logging removals isn't needed as their absence is
22 plain evidence. I do tend to log removals when there is a very good
23 reason other than that the version has been superseded, like when a
24 certain version kills kittens or has security issues. I agree with
25 everyone else that policy should be clarified and that the devmanual
26 needs to reflect policy.
29 jer