From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New developer: Ahmed Ammar (b33fc0d3)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 04:30:18
1 "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o> posted
2 1206840815.11943.5.camel@××××××××××××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on
3 Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:33:35 -0400:
4
5 > On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 23:41 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
6 >> Joining us from the land of the pyramids, we have Ahmed "b33fc0d3"
7 >> Ammar. Although originally from Egypt
8 >
9 > Welcome, finally! So do you code like an Egyptian? :) 80s pun
10
11 How many here will be old enough to get that? <raises hand, um,
12 hopefully not too soon cane>
13
14 > For all you that don't know, Ahmed here has a interest in open source
15 > Java. Others pointed me to a icedtea/openjdk ebuild he had in google
16 > development space. It should be hitting an overlay soon, either
17 > java-experiment or java-overlay.
18 >
19 > So for all your open source java fetishes, Ahmed is your man. If that's
20 > not throwing him the under the bus and on the barbie afterward. :)
21
22 Definitely welcome, then! As a FLOSS-only user I've been waiting for a
23 decent full open source Java implementation in the tree for awhile, so
24 anyone and anything that is movement in that direction is certainly
25 welcome here! =8^)
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
33 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list