From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Virtuals revisited (Round 3)
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:38:07
1 On Friday 08 April 2005 00:24, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 00:17:32 +0900 Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | > AFAIK, virtual can't be removed from categories either...
5 > |
6 > | Can fix this for portage-2.0.51.20.
7 >
8 > We're gonna need another one of those "all users *must* upgrade portage
9 > to at least 2.0.51.20" notices? As soon as this gets implemented, anyone
10 > who syncs with an old version of portage is screwed (hence my original
11 > dep comment before I realised how nasty the error actually was).
12
13 We're talking at least 12 months between 2.0.51.20 and a public version of
14 portage implementing this GLEP. Specifically, looking at it for 2.2.0. So not
15 only will it be in the latest stable release of two major versions back,
16 there will also be a complete interim major version that will support it the
17 whole way through.
18
19 Regards,
20 Jason Stubbs