From: Rolf Offermanns <rolf@××××××××××.de>
To: Paul de Vrieze <gentoo-user@××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FAQ(?): prelinking support in Gentoo
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 06:13:06
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > It will probably come together with glibc-2.3 support. I don't know when glibc
3 > will be officially supported because of the feature freeze, but I expect
4 > there will be masked ebuilds any time soon.
5
6 So are you familiar with the subject?
7 Because I am confused about the different prelinking options I've read
8 about.
9
10 There is the
11 - objprelink stuff at sourceforge (objprelink.sf.net)
12 - prelink binary from redhat (ftp://people.redhat.com/jakub/prelink)
13 - "-z combreloc" support in binutils
14
15 And now there is prelinking support in the glibc-2.3 version.
16
17 Can you (or somebody else) explain how these things relate to each other?
18
19 Thanks in advance,
20 -Rolf