From: Paul de Vrieze <gentoo-user@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FAQ(?): prelinking support in Gentoo
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 06:06:35
1 On Friday 04 October 2002 12:43, Rolf Offermanns wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've searched the ml archive for this and found several threads, the
5 > last message from 06/2002.
6 >
7 > Since RedHat8.0 and SuSE seem to have (at least experimental) prelinking
8 > support, what is the current status of it in Gentoo Linux?
9 >
10 > Anyone working on or evaluating it?
13 It will probably come together with glibc-2.3 support. I don't know when glibc
14 will be officially supported because of the feature freeze, but I expect
15 there will be masked ebuilds any time soon.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Junior Researcher