From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Finger GLEP
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 23:37:40
1 I'm inclined to agree with Kurt here. I don't know that we should be
2 opening more ports than necessary, for starters, and I don't know that
3 the benefits necessarily outweigh the risks here. The idea for the
4 devrel dev/herd/project pages will be to have a uniform portal to all
5 sorts of info.
6
7 If it's something that can be easily automated from the existing
8 databases that we create for devs, projects, herds then I guess I have
9 no problem for that end. Security risks are an infrastructure issue.
10 In other words, to summarise, I'm not particularly enthusiastic about
11 this, nor am I particularly disinclined. However, some discussion on
12 the issues Kurt brought up (some of which are repeated above) would go a
13 long way :)
14
15 Thanks,
19 Seemant Kulleen
20 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
21 Gentoo Linux http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
22
23 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
24 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E