From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: noX kernel not on livecd as the <F2> options state
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:18:21
1 On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:02:01AM -0400, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > For those of us more familiar with the liveCDs and installation process, is
3 > this message accurate? Do we really no longer have any sort of non-GUI
4 > (even framebuffer GUI) way of installing Gentoo? (Note: I don't consider
5 > having to pass nofb as a boot flag as a viable option since that isn't
6 > exactly intuitive and can lead to messages like the one below)
9 The only GUI stuff is during the boot process...
10
11 I'm not sure what noX is supposed to do, but since he allegedly looked
12 at the F2 help screen, perhaps we just need to clarify the meaning of
13 nofb.
17 Jon Portnoy
18 avenj/irc.freenode.net
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list