From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:22:28
1 060404 Caleb Tennis wrote:
2 > historically we were much more bleeding edge with our stable KDE versions,
3 > but if you've spent any significant time playing with 3.5.0 or 3.5.1,
4 > you would agree that they are terribly less stable than 3.4.3.
5
6 Not here ! I've used both (successively) every day
7 & can't recall a single crash or noteworthy (indeed any) problem.
8 It's true that I don't use Kmail & similar exchange-type apps
9 & some comments suggest that is where the bulk of instability lies.
10
11 The fact that KDE itself is no longer accepting bugs for 3.4.3
12 really does suggest there's something wrong with Gentoo's current criteria.
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list