From: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:42:15
1 >> I think at this point it does more harm than good to be lagging behind
2 >> the
3 >> current upstream kde - last time I checked the kde bugzilla wouldn't
4 >> even
5 >> accept bug reports for the kde currently marked stable as it was too
6 >> old,
7 >> and if bugs can't be filed then it's clearly "unsupported upstream" and
8 >> time to upgrade.
9 >
10 > Wow! I run ~arch by choice and generally find its keywording suitable
11 > (IOW, packages move from masked to ~arch at a generally appropriate
12 > speed), but I didn't realize Gentoo KDE-stable was /that/ far behind!
13 > Point well made!
14
15 I think historically we were much more bleeding edge with our stable KDE
16 versions than at the moment, but if you've spent any significant time
17 playing with 3.5.0 or 3.5.1, I think you would agree that they are
18 terribly less stable than 3.4.3. But in a few weeks I think 3.5.2 will be
19 stable and it will all be behind us.
20
21 Caleb
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list