From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:23:53
1 Chris Bainbridge posted
2 <623652d50604040212r6f543d37pedb645e979456755@××××××××××.com>, excerpted
3 below, on Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:12:21 +0100:
4
5 > I think at this point it does more harm than good to be lagging behind the
6 > current upstream kde - last time I checked the kde bugzilla wouldn't even
7 > accept bug reports for the kde currently marked stable as it was too old,
8 > and if bugs can't be filed then it's clearly "unsupported upstream" and
9 > time to upgrade.
10
11 Wow! I run ~arch by choice and generally find its keywording suitable
12 (IOW, packages move from masked to ~arch at a generally appropriate
13 speed), but I didn't realize Gentoo KDE-stable was /that/ far behind!
14 Point well made!
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
20 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list