From: Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
To: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: eclass/
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 01:13:39
1 On Sun, 21 May 2017 10:46:25 -0700
2 Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Just out of curiosity, and for the curious:
5 >
6 > 1. How often do cache updates happen?
7 > 2. How long do they take?
8 > 3. Is there any downside to only having one such update running at a
9 > time and just skipping them if there's already an update pending?
10
11 I'm generating metadata locally. There are changes to some of the more
12 important eclasses roughly every other week; and after such a change,
13 the regen takes 10-25 minutes on my hardware.
14
15 I don't understand your question (3).
16
17 Regards,
18 Luis Ressel