From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>, qa <qa@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: eclass/
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:47:44
1 On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:20 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Mike,
4 >
5 > I would really appreciate if you cared to follow procedures for eclass
6 > changes. Most notably, if you at least bothered to either ping us *or*
7 > sent the patch to the mailing list beforehand.
8 >
9 > This eclass is used by almost 6700 ebuilds. I am trying *hard* to commit
10 > changes in large patchsets to reduce cache updates. Of course it is all
11 > pointless if a random Mike Frysinger, developer on special rights, goes
12 > ahead and commits whatever he wants to whatever eclasses he wants to
13 > commit to, whatever time he pleases.
14 >
15 > Normally, I would revert it but I don't feel like causing third huge
16 > cache update today.
19 Just out of curiosity, and for the curious:
20
21 1. How often do cache updates happen?
22 2. How long do they take?
23 3. Is there any downside to only having one such update running at a time
24 and just skipping them if there's already an update pending?
27 > --
28 > Best regards,
29 > Michał Górny