From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: Gentoo and Github (Re: [gentoo-dev] Attracting developers (Re: Packages up for grabs...) )
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 16:59:07
1 We are.
2
3 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
4 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
7 On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
8
9 > On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
10 > > On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
11 > wrote:
12 > >> On Sat, 2012-12-29 at 16:42 +0800, Ben de Groot wrote:
13 > >>> On 27 December 2012 00:39, Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
14 > >>> > Can we short cut the whole quiz process and have some "Inbound"
15 > repository
16 > >>> > until we're full git, which people can fork/commit/pull and trusted
17 > people
18 > >>> > can review submitted branches and apply them to CVS?
19 > >>>
20 > >>> This is why I started https://github.com/yngwin/proxy-maint/
21 > >>> Feel free to send pull requests my way. I have been very busy lately
22 > >>> with work, so I am a bit behind on my Gentoo stuff, but I should be
23 > back
24 > >>> in full swing soon.
25 > >>>
26 > >>
27 > >> Not to sidetrack the topic farther, but isn't this best done in our
28 > >> github/gentoo account. It is one of the main reasons we have it, to
29 > >> easily accept pull requests from users. It would also make it easier
30 > >> for more devs to participate in a group proxy-maint repo.
31 > >
32 > > Certainly a sidetrack: I would like to point out that Github now
33 > > supports "Organizations" as a semantic concept. I *highly* recommend
34 > > using something like that over using an 'individual' account as an
35 > > organization.
36 > >
37 > > I've been using Github "Organizations" in a private context, and it's
38 > > been working extremely well.
39 >
40 > Ugh. Apologies. I meant to change the subject line, spent a couple
41 > minutes figuring out how to do it in GMail...and then forgot. :-|
42 >
43 > Fixing...
44 >
45 > --