From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30: "Planet Gentoo" web log aggregator
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:27:09
1 Dylan Carlson wrote:
2 > I monitor a few "planets" current with akregator, and generally it's
3 > worthwhile. Occasionally though, it gets to be annoying when devs veer
4 > off into 8 paragraphs about an ex-girlfriend, or the hella super wicked
5 > frat party last weekend, or whatever. Usually the good content wins out
6 > in the equation.
7
8 I think its important that developers don't feel restricted in what to write
9 about. Although our natural balance will probably be mostly gentoo and tech
10 related, some people are lucky enough to actually have interesting things
11 happen in their own lives which would help add some diversity to the content :)
12
13 Based on the feedback here, I'm going to continue proposing that we set up
14 weblog hosting as part of the gentoo infrastructure so that developers have
15 the choice of using it. However it will be made clear that if a developer
16 leaves the project then their log will be closed, and that there are no issues
17 if developers choose to host their logs somewhere else.
18
19 Thanks for all the feedback so far.
20
21 Daniel