From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30: "Planet Gentoo" web log aggregator
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:44:08
1 On Wed October 27 2004 07:32, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 >
3 > If there are devs out there that want to see us host blogs as part of
4 > GLEP 30, please speak up. Otherwise, we may elect to dump that
5 > particular feature and just go with an aggregator.
8 I would use it so that I don't pollute the Gentoo planet with personal
9 items. It makes sense to keep separate blogs.
10
11 I monitor a few "planets" current with akregator, and generally it's
12 worthwhile. Occasionally though, it gets to be annoying when devs veer
13 off into 8 paragraphs about an ex-girlfriend, or the hella super wicked
14 frat party last weekend, or whatever. Usually the good content wins out
15 in the equation.
18 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]
19 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list